Sunday, January 3, 2010

January Scrapbook Page



I had a hard time coming up with this idea for a page. I am still in Christmas mode and the snow in my area is awful. First I thought of doing a winter scene and realized that would be crazy. I am sick of snow and I am really ready for the Spring thaw!!


So I am starting to think of Valentine's Day knowing that is getting closer to Spring.
I used Pretty in Pink cardstock and the Sending Love Specialty paper from the Occasions mini. I punched the edge with the new Scallop Trim Border and then sponged the edges with Real Red ink. I used the heart punch for the elements and sponged those with Real Red and Basic Brown. The stamp set is also from the Occasions mini and is called With All My Heart.I used Pretty in Pink and Real Red for the colors. The small flower on the heart is inked in Basic Brown and I put a Real Red brad in it. I discovered the small flower fits in the Three Flowers punch, very handy to know!!
I punched out a stencil with the new Small Heart punch and used a sponge to color it in with Basic Brown. I raised one of the Full Heart punches wiht dimensionals to add a little height.

If you would like to order any of these new mini catalog items please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at: cindycreativecorner.stampinup.net



No comments: