Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Is Finally In The Air

I am so glad it is warming up and I am ready to put away the Christmas colors and break out the Spring patterns. I was getting ready for my club meeting this month and tried really hard not to use the Big Shot for everything, A few of my club members don’t have a Big Shot and the remark was made last club that it is hard to duplicate some projects at home. I mentioned that I was willing to let them come to my house anytime (within reason) and bring their own supplies and cut out some dies to make at home. I don’t want anyone to feel frustrated about being in the club.

Anyway here are some fun projects that are great for Spring….

014   The technique I was using this month is spotlighting/reverse spotlighting. I have never done these until now. What fun. It didn’t take much to make these projects and the wow factor is huge.

The scrapbook page is the spotlighting sample…..

011 I spotlighted the flower from the Kind and Caring Thoughts (level 3 hostess set). The main paper is Melon Mambo and the flowers are Rich Razzleberry. I highlighted the melon Mambo flower with a punch of Basic Black.

This card reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt….012   What do you think?

I used the reverse spotlighting on this one.The stamp set is Circle Circus and the colors I used are Cameo Coral, Ruby Red and Certainly Celery. Super simple!!

And last but not least…..013

I love this little “whopper” box, as I like to call it. I broke down and used this die cut for the club. One out of three isn’t bad right!?! I used Summer Sun cardstock and the patterned paper is Cottage Wall. The ribbon is Whisper White. After I stamped the bunny(from the Eggcoutrements stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog) in Summer Sun ink, I punched the bunny out and layered it on Rich Razzleberry cardstock. I fill it with Strawberry  Whoppers,  Yummy!!

No comments: